Hi, I’m Chris Bradshaw, a full stack web developer from NYC.
My journey to become a software engineer began when I was building an ecommerce business in 2014. I paid a lot of money for someone else to build my website, and after seeing the bill, I decided to learn how to build them myself. I started taking classes online and instantly found my passion. I applied and was accepted to the Flatiron School, a web immersive bootcamp with at that time, a <7% acceptance rate on 11 Broadway in New York City’s financial district (right outside the Charging Bull statue).
SpinMedia Group was acquired by Billboard Music Group in 2017, and I left to pursue Front End Development work not involving advertisements. I was hired as a freelancer by a Venture Capital firm in Miami, FL to build a single page application, “AirBnB for Marina Slips”. I built this project using a Ruby on Rails API on the backend and React.js on the front end. I found further freelance work building an ecommerce site for an emerging CBD brand carried in over 85 stores.
In August 2018, I joined Group Nine Media in Soho, New York City on the Consumer Experience team working on all aspects of G9’s owned and operated sites Thrillist, POPSUGAR, The Dodo, NowThis News, NowThis Originals and Seeker.
In February 2021, I started a new position at Warby Parker as a Senior Front End Engineer.
Check out my skills below, and please reach out with any questions or just to chat at email@example.com
- High Level CSS(Flexbox & Grid)/SASS/Styled Components
- Ruby on Rails/PostgreSQL
- Building projects to design spec from InVision/DSM/Photoshop
- Storybook/Styled Systems/Style Dictionary/Rebass
- Analytics - Google Analytics, Permutive, Nielson, comScore
- Video Advertisting/Analytics - VAST, MOAT, etc.
- Affliate - Skimlinks, Amazon, etc.
- Ad Units - Google Double Click for Publishers
- Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News Development